- GPON or Gigabit Passive Optical Network is an optical technology based on the industry standard ITU-TG.984x which was ratified in 2003. This technology was originally developed to provide high speed Ethernet services for residential and small business customers. It supports higher rates, enhanced security, and choice of Layer 2 protocol (ATM, GEM, and Ethernet).
- There are many common subsets of FTTx like- FTTN (fiber to the node or fiber to the neighborhood), FTTC (fiber to the curb or fiber to the cabinet), FTTP (fiber to the premises), FTTB (fiber to the building or fiber to the basement), FTTH (fiber to the home) etc.
- Traffic Mirroring Configuration file in ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Traffic Statistics Configuration file in ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Log Configuration of ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Configuration of the multicast vlan and the multicast program-HUAWEI
- Configuration of GPON HSI with basic service configuration for OLT side-HUAWEI
- Configuration of GPON Multicast for OLT side configuration-HUAWEI
- List of troubleshooting commands-Alcatel-Lucent
- Ont configuration-Alcatel-Lucent
- QinQ configuration-Alcatel-Lucent
- Checking port mirroring configuration-LS Cable
- User authentication method setup-LS Cable
- How to up great ONT-LS-Cable
- SNMP principle -MIB introduction- Data Networking
- SNMP principle-Network management architecture-Data Networking
- IP VPN-Data Networking
*** Concept about GPON Quad Play****
Accessing Internet is going to be a fundamental right like other basic human rights. No matter how often a user uses Internet, waiting for a web page to load is really an annoyance. To overcome this situation, Internet speed has increased significantly in the past decade to keep pace with the demand of users, new services and bandwidth-hungry applications. These demands include as multimedia content based e-commerce, video on demand, high definition TV, IPTV, online gaming, social media, etc. Lots of different technologies like gigabit Ethernet, mobile Internet, etc, that have been trying to cater and satisfy the user demand. Gigabit passive optical networks (GPON) is one of the high-speed access technology which offers triple play service (i. e., data, voice and video) GPON is easier, faster and low cost. GPON can transport Ethernet, ATM and TDM (PSTN, ISDN, E1 and E3) traffic. It has been widely accepted by Internet service providers and operators in terms of bandwidth upgrade, service bearer as well as passive network maintenance. High bandwidth capacity, high quality and multi-play services through a single channel presents a strong business opportunity for telecom operators as it provides support which includes voice, Ethernet, ATM, leased lines and others. GPON offers simple operation, administration, maintenance and provisioning capabilities as well as end-to-end service management. It not only provides substantially higher efficiency as a transport network, but also delivers simplicity and superb scalability for future expansion in supporting additional services.
Convergence of multiple technologies and services are the requirements of today’s Internet savvy users. GPON provides service using a wide spectrum of wavelength range from 1310 nm to 1610 nm. SDH traffic with GPON triple play, that is GPON quad, is very much necessary to meet customer demands. GPON quad play is not available now. In this research work, quad play (i. e., voice, video, data and SDH traffic) architecture is proposed. In this scheme, a wavelength multiplexer is used instead of Erbium doped fiber amplifier combiner with a fixed wavelength, which increases the performance substantially. It is found that using 1550 nm wavelength, the proposed design provides multiple services with high performance to the end user.