- GPON or Gigabit Passive Optical Network is an optical technology based on the industry standard ITU-TG.984x which was ratified in 2003. This technology was originally developed to provide high speed Ethernet services for residential and small business customers. It supports higher rates, enhanced security, and choice of Layer 2 protocol (ATM, GEM, and Ethernet).
- There are many common subsets of FTTx like- FTTN (fiber to the node or fiber to the neighborhood), FTTC (fiber to the curb or fiber to the cabinet), FTTP (fiber to the premises), FTTB (fiber to the building or fiber to the basement), FTTH (fiber to the home) etc.
- Traffic Mirroring Configuration file in ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Traffic Statistics Configuration file in ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Log Configuration of ZTE OLT–ZTE
- Configuration of the multicast vlan and the multicast program-HUAWEI
- Configuration of GPON HSI with basic service configuration for OLT side-HUAWEI
- Configuration of GPON Multicast for OLT side configuration-HUAWEI
- List of troubleshooting commands-Alcatel-Lucent
- Ont configuration-Alcatel-Lucent
- QinQ configuration-Alcatel-Lucent
- Checking port mirroring configuration-LS Cable
- User authentication method setup-LS Cable
- How to up great ONT-LS-Cable
- SNMP principle -MIB introduction- Data Networking
- SNMP principle-Network management architecture-Data Networking
- IP VPN-Data Networking
*** Concept about GPON Quad Play****
The proposed quad play structure is not like traditional tripe play architecture. The Video signal and the ISP’s connection will combinely enter into a MUX and the modulated signal will enter into OLT. The OLT will propagate the modulated signal towards the ONTs. And as usual from the ONT’s ethernet port, the user will receive the signals. In traditional triple play, OLT did the modulation and OLT becomes busier and its uses was high, but in Quad play architecture the modulation was done in MUX, for that the OLT does not spent time for modulation.
GPON technology’s background, problems to deploy GPON technology, properties of GPON technology, my objective, methodology and also outline of this thesis paper are discussed. In GPON networks there are some infrastructures such as OLTs, ODFs, Splitters and ONT/ONUs.
To implement triple play, it is very much important to choose technology. GPON technology is better than any other technologies like EPON, APON, BPON, GEPON P2P Ethernet, etc. To secure GPON network, it has been considered the following attributes: availability, confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation. Deploying GPON technology by FTTx network is still a challenging issue. But, nowadays the whole world is going to deploy GPON technology.