**Configuration Procedure of the S-switch Through Telnet**
Step-1: Networking Requirements
As shown in Figure, S-switch-1 is newly added to the network. S-switch-1 and S-switch-2 are connected through a trunk link. To enable the network administrator to manage S-switch-1 remotely, you need to configure the Telnet service and set the device name on S-switch-1.
Figure shows S-switch-A instead of S-switch-1 (Same).
Step-2: Configuration Road map
The configuration roadmap is as follows:
- Log in to S-switch-1 through the console interface.
- Set the device name.
- Configure a management VLAN.
- On S-switch-A, set the type of the interface that connects S-switch-1 and S-switch-2 to trunk. Add the interface to the management VLAN in trunk mode.
- Configure the management IP address of S-switch-1.
- Configure the Telnet service.
Step-3: Data Preparation
To complete the configuration, you need the following data:
- ID of the management VLAN
- Management IP address of S-switch-1
- Number of the interface that connects S-switch-1 and S-switch-2 on S-switch-1
- Authentication mode, user name, and password